|Image courtesy of Am.azon.com|
This tree is $39.99. I just couldn't justify spending $40 dollars on a wall decal, so I started to find out how to paint my own. Here's how it turned out...
|Full Picture of Room Corner|
1 clear binder sleeve
Paint Samples (Purchase the small ones from hom.e de.pot- they can make any color you want and each one is less than $3.00)
Craft Paint Brushes
Overhead Projector (I borrowed one)
This is super easy peasy to do:
1. Find an image online that you want to paint on the wall. Print it out. I printed this image out at 8 in X 10 in.
2. Slip it into one of those clear binder sleeves- you could also use a tranparency and print straight on it- but I only had binder sleeves and didn't want to spend more money.
3. Trace what you want to paint on the wall in permanent marker onto the binder sleeve.
4. Face the overhead projector so it projects onto the wall you want the design, place the image on the overhead and play around until the image is projected right where you want it.
5. Trace the image onto the wall. USE PENCIL so that the paint you uses covers the lines.
6. Turn off the projector and start painting!
7. Let dry and paint again...at least two coats are needed.
8. Add any embellishments ( I hand drew the birds that were on her sheets and nailed up the bird house that was a decoration at my baby shower)
That wasn't to hard and for me didn't cost more that $10 for paint! If you do something like this I would love to see it!!! Please e-mail me your great wall painting pictures with a link to you blog at matte.sparkle(at)gmail.com.
Todays Creative Blog and Eisy Morgan