...To copy something is the sincerest form of flattery...

Sunday, April 24, 2011

{Repurpose} Baby Dress

It is spring and in this household, it means that I go through everything and donate as much as I can.  It tends to be a hard process because I always end up going through the bags again and see what I can keep or repurpose.

This shirt has some history.  It was my sister's, which she purchased at my alma mater, San Diego State University.  She then gave it to me and I wore it for our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding.  I just couldn't donate it, and after LB it doesn't fit anymore.  So I decided to make it into a dress for LB.  It was my first time to make something without a pattern.  I intended to make a 6 month dress, but I think it turned into a 12 month dress instead.  Here's the final result, what do you think?

Flower Detail
Linked up here (and also our latest party to join Homemaker in Heels).

7 comments:

  1. Oh boy friend!!!! I absolutely love it! It is so romantic looking. The flower detail is a keeper too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jenna! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my faucet redo! I agree - they are pricey! It better last! LOL What a cute idea this is! How awesome to get to save a garment with such history. I love what you did with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! It looks SO cute as a dress, and I LOVE that it has a story to go along with it! :) I'm so glad you linked this up at Week 1 of Inspire Me Monday at Homemaker in Heels! :)I'm your newest follower, too, btw! Have a great day!
    Crysta
    www.homemakerinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw this is adorable! love the cute little flower.

    thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete