...To copy something is the sincerest form of flattery...

Friday, April 29, 2011

Year of Plenty {Lemons}

As most of you know, we moved into our house in August of last year, to the land of nearly deads and newlyweds (as many people call it).  One of the things that I feel in love with was the fruit trees in the backyard, one lemon, the other kumquat.  This year, this was our surplus of lemons (plus another 6 full plastic grocery bags) from our "organic" tree (I don't even water because it does so well).
We have been making lemonade, lemon muffins, lemons in water-tea-anything liquid, and lemon bars.  Here is a great recipe for lemon bars if you have this many lemons on your hands too!

Summer Lemon Bars

1/4 cup butter
2/3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
Mix and put into a 9 X 13 in pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp. flour
Juice of one to two lemons
Mix and pour over the other mixture and bake for 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar over while warm, let cool and then serve!

2 comments:

  1. Wish citrus grew up here, but I am not dragging a tree in and out of my house as the seasons change. I will steal some from you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would LOVE to have all those lemons growing in my yard! What a bounty!

    ReplyDelete