Oil (Extra Virgin, peanut, canola, anything you have on hand will work
Day old rice
Optional Items to mix in:
Cooked chicken bits
Anything else that you family will like (I cater to a very picky eater)
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add enough oil to thinly cover the bottom of the pan.
2. Once oil is hot, add a spoonful of garlic, stir around and make sure not to burn the garlic.
3. If you veggies are raw, add them now and stir fry them until tender (do not do this with the green onions, you will add them later).
4. Add rice and break up any clumps.
5. Push rice to one side, crack your eggs in and scramble the rice and eggs together (and the veggies if you used raw veggies)
6. If using chicken, green onions, frozen veggies, add them now and stir the rice and everything else together to get everything nice and hot!
7. Add soy sauce all over rice (not to much) and stir around until all the rice is colored brown. Continue to add soy sauce until you reach your family's desired flavor.
Serve and enjoy!!!
*If you make this recipe I would love to hear about your experience!!! Always feel free to contact me at matte.sparkle(at)gmail dot com.
Linked up at: