...To copy something is the sincerest form of flattery...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

{Tutorial} Engagement Frame

I love everything engagements and weddings, as I love the promise and hope that marriage stands for. My dear friends, Veronica and Corey, recently got engaged on Valentine's Day of this year.  Corey asked Veronica to marry him to the song "Marry Me" by Train.  I wanted to make something from the heart so I ended up making a frame with the lyrics to the song.


I made this picture large so hopefully you can see the lyrics of the song.
Supplies:
Frame w/matting (I got 4 for $2.95 on sale at Bed, Bath & Bey.ond)
Pencil
Vellum
Patterned Paper
Spray adhesive
Access to computer with printer

Instructions:
1. Open frame and pull out matting, then trace the matting size on the patterned paper. Cut out the size and the window, this will be the base for the vellum
2.  Open your work processing program and make a text box the size of the frame, then insert the desired words, and copy and paste until it fills us the whole text box.  I bolded and changed the color of "Marry Me" and added in the same bold and color "Corey ;hearts& Veronica".
I wanted their names to stand out so I made the font a couple sizes bigger
3. Print out a test page on regular paper to make sure you like the spacing.  Hold the matting lined up with the words to the light to make sure that it lines up nicely.
4. Insert the vellum into the printer and print the words.  LET THE PRINTING DRY. Too many times did I touch vellum I just printed on and it smudged.
5. Cut out the vellum to match the matting, cutting out the hole for the picture as well.  So right now the matting, patterned paper and vellum should all be exactly the same.
6. Used the spray adhesive to apply the vellum to the patterned paper. Let Dry.
7. Insert the vellum/patterned paper matting that you made into the frame and if your feeling creative like me, draw a cute little stick figure picture until a real engagement picture can be put in!

Thank you for stopping by! We are almost to 10 followers (I cherish each and every follower so much) and when that is achieved we will have a guest blog post!!! I'm so excited and so thankful for each and everyone of you!!!

Linked up on the parties listed HERE

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. This is a cute idea -- I love it! Thanks for the great blog and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! How special, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love that song...
    What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete