...To copy something is the sincerest form of flattery...

Saturday, March 26, 2011

{Spotlight} Saturday with Jayna

Jayna was the first friend I made after my husband and I moved to a new town after we were married.  She was such a blessing in my life then and now, and I hope you are blessed by her blog as well!
_______________________________________________________________

Thanks to Jenna for having me over as her first guest.
I seriously found blogging because of this gal.

I am Jayna Rae from RockNRegalia.
My gal pal here is pretty awesome, and I am more than happy to support her and her blog.

Today I am going to go a bit crazy talking about decorating you HAIR.

Seriously, I am not prejudiced about hair decor.
I find things everywhere to put in my hair.
Just take a look at my stash.

I save ribbons from packages.
Decorations from gift boxes.
Former brooches.
Crochet up left over yarn,
Create my own from paper flowers.
Find the clearance items at Hot Topic, Claire's, and Forever 21.
Pull from silk flowers I have in the home.


Basically, most days I have some sort of something in my hair.
It can range from a flower
to a bow (this is a barrette bow)

to a hat


to a headband or scarf (maybe made from a remnant).
Bandanas are fun too.

Okay, so now that I have shown you what sort of hair accessories I own and where I get them from,
let's discuss some ways that they can be worn.

Don't want to wash your hair?
Maybe you don't want to even brush it thoroughly?

Throw it in a messy bun and add a flower,
or headband,  or something that is a little of both
like Kate from See Kate Sew did in this tutorial.

Now the messiness looks purposeful.

Do you want a little sleeker look?
Make a high pony and add a flower at one side.

Looking for something retro and sexy?
Do some little twists with the top layer and pin them in place.
Then with the remaining hair divide it in two 
and twist together.
Place it in a low side pony and add a flower.
or you can do  a similar thing without the twists


Want to wear your hair down, but add a little something something?
Add a headband, maybe a big one.
The one above has a large starfish on it.

Below is a similar idea with a wintery warm one from my shop.

Just need to keep those bangs out of your eyes?
Simply use an embellished bobby pin or clip and you are ready to rock.

Put on a hat and make a messy bun,
or a low, messy, side braid.

Another retro infused look with small liberty rolls and the rest of the hair down.

Want a mini pomp just to keep those hairs out of your eyes.
Use some bobby pins to secure and add either more embellished
 bobby pins to cover, or a fun bow, or barrette.

Sorry some ideas didn't have pics.
Trust that there are more and more ideas I could share too.
This is merely a taste of what I do, and it was getting long.

Keep following my girl Jenna here because I know she has great things in store.

Feel free to visit me and say hi anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment